Coding bootcamps are the newest wave of programming education, offering students an intensive education in coding over several months. Many programs offer help landing a job afterward, or give you a refund if you don’t get hired in a certain amount of time.
- Dev Bootcamp (New York, Chicago, San Francisco): Women who are members of Girl Develop It are eligible for one of 10 Girl Develop It scholarships in 2014, which give you a $2,500 discount on tuition.
- Metis (New York, Boston): Women and minorities are eligible for a $2,000 scholarship.
- General Assembly (New York only): The Google Fellowship for Women offers a discount of $8,500 on the Web Development Immersive course, lowering the cost to $3,000. This scholarship is part of the Opportunity Fund, a program designed to promote diversity in partnership with organizations like Google and Microsoft. If you take the scholarship, you have to do 100 hours of youth mentoring with tech education nonprofits.
- Ironhack (Miami, Madrid, Barcelona): Women are eligible for a scholarship of 1000 euros (almost $1,350).
- RefactorU (Boulder): Women (as well as retired and active military personnel and their spouses) get a 20% discount on the Web Development bootcamp, worth $2,700.
Read the full list of 16 programming bootcamp scholarships for women here.
About The Contributor
Kira M. Newman is a Tech Cocktail writer interested in entrepreneurship, work-life balance, and positivity. Since 2011, she has been traveling around the world interviewing entrepreneurs in Asia, Europe, and North America. Follow her @kiramnewman or contact [email protected]
This article was originally published on Tech Cocktail, and republished here with permission.